Re: [microsound] Sound Design Rec.

> My real question seems to be then: what is the best way to present this
> knowledge in a form such that someone can get an idea of my abilities. I do
> create music, but I was wondering if there are any other areas that I should
> create examples for.

Are you talking about a future sound design job or has an pop artist?
Abilities means, I guess technically.  In a way putting sound effect and
music on images can show a vast "palette sonore" and can also open doors to
the publicity, film and corporate market.  As for strictly musical or sound
oriented, you could make some electroacoustic music.  This type of music
really exploit sound synthesis combine to your musical creativity.  You can
think of this music like, what cinema is for the eye, electroacoustic is for
the ear.

Go here www.electrocd.com and check some composers...

Look for Francis Dhomont, Gilles Gobeil, Jonty Harrisson, Adrian Moore
etc...

good luck

http://electrocd.com/cat.e/0051.prs.html