Re[2]: [microsound] midi clock sync over ethernet

hi

14 Jan 2002, 9:48:05 pm:

> worry about platform incompatibilties, either. those lovely little
> alesis mmt-8's are even cheaper, and remind everyone of the good old
> detroit days. and they have BUTTONS! give an old sequencer a home...

Funny thing, I'd love to give a home to all this "old junk" of
hardware, but I can't afford it :)

But seriously, my whole idea of 'clicky' electronic music depends on a
multitude of different, simple music equipment -- a bit like Mouse on
Mars in concert if you've seen it.

A tablefull of generators, reverbs, delays, filters, modulators and
other little magic boxes allows you to really create things live, and
to make it sound differently every time you play -- which I consider a
good thing, because the records and record players are for playing
exactly the same sound all the time, not people.

The whole philosophy of creating live music (with some pre-programmed
background, or not) is a beautiful thing for me, maybe even more when
creating microsound, because I feel it needs some personality, which
can be provided by creating it live and unrepeatable.

But that's just my tiny POV.

--
tek.

"A lady came up to me on the street and pointed at my suede jacket.
'You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?' she sneered. I replied
in a psychotic tone, 'I didn't know there were any witnesses. Now I'll
have to kill you too." --Jake Johansen