Re: [microsound] term. bullshit

> I think more time should be spent studying music and reading up on history
> so people don't end up reinventing the wheel.

I think not everyone has such a big knowledge as you seem to have, and there are
things which need to be repeated so that one don't forget and some other may learn...

> Personally I care much more about good music than about conceptualizing.

yes, well sometimes they complement and improve one another.
well, we know you are hard to impress, though your "good music" and tastes aren't
dictating the ones of peoplee who read messages.

> And I don't like romanticising things which don't need to be.
> A record, cassette or CD is just as much a stream of "pure" data and
> "imageless sound information" as an mp3 sitting on your hard disk.

yes theoretically, at least it helps understand why you don't get impressed by music.

> I actually find this affinity that I see in the "microsound" scene with
> concepts of purity and all white surfaces and austerity kind of creepy
> actually.
>
> Andrei

I don't know, creepy wouldn't be my impression, sometimes it is boring but I wouldn't
generalize as I hate to do that / philippe