Re: [microsound] laptops kim's article

this conversation has quickly hit the bog, in a bad way.

> i am unconvinced by the idea that the laptop objection stems from it
 being a business tool. i think mac have shifted our perceptions since
 the iMAC and subsequent titanium etc laptops...desirable - one dreams
 of these things  >>  when i got my grey pillow iBOOK my gf was a
 little envious of how i handled it.
     i don't think MAC lappies are seen as business tools etc  maybe
 for the hip and slightly left of field business types  >> the
 computer is now firmly part of the entertainment business, for young,
 energetic music loving (iTUNES) artistic (digital camera carrying)
 types

so it's really all about image then, eh? i give up. i'll get myself a fucking COMMODORE 64. trust me, THAT doesn't look anything like a business tool. & girls just LOVE the way i handle it!!!@# (it's all in the fingers you know?) speaking of which, one of my friends got himself a mac laptop, with the lame flashing apple in the back, & he was thinking of x'ing it out with duct tape (something which i doubt kid606 would do.) hey, they got fucking picasso (after he died even) & god know who for their advertising, don't tell me they ALSO need to get everyone to carry around that retarded flashing apple? but NO!!! we can't get rid of the apple, it's survival!!! brand recognition for the poor lonely apple corporation, trying to keep its consumers away from the unfair (i will certainly concede that) competition from arrogantsoft! in the face of evil, let's turn ourselves into walking billboards! but you know what, i hear macs & PCs really come from the same sweatshop in malaysia.

well, it looks like i got carried away again.  i must confess the last
time i dreamt of a computer (much less a, ugh, "lappy") was when i was
10 years old & got a TRS-80 for my birthday.  i actually enjoy bulky,
square solid state computers.  i also like the old volvos.

have a nice day
~ david