Re: [microsound] Gilles Gobeil

> His more recent pieces, which are featured on "...
> dans le silence de la
> nuit ...", seem to revolve a lot more around a quiet
> stillness...

That's the only Gilles Gobeil album I have. There is a
lot of silence and quietness there. There is also some
quantity of darkness; but after all those compositions
are organized in interesting way, although not pop
way, but Gilles Gobeil is not pop, he is
electro-acoustic composer. And those pieces on
'...dans le...' have taken many rewards on different
festivals. Of course, that doesn't have to mean
anything, simply if you're fan of this kind of music,
you'll like Gilles Gobeil.
ps: new No Type compilation The Freest Of Radicals has
the same cover design as that Gilles Gobeil cd. It
probably has to do something with the fact that both
cds are coming from Montreal.