Re: [microsound] copyright...-data loss

On 6/20/02 at 4:26 PM, Ant Weiss <antonv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This rises another question, by the way - how do you,
> list-members feel about losing stuff you wrote because of disk
> crashes, unintentional deletion, etc. ? (probably happened to
> each one of us) Is this a trauma, a tragedy, or a blessing, a
> chance to start over again?

For me, after the inital shock wears off, the resurrection of the ideas
always comes back much stronger than the vanished version.

This was one of the great things about about pre-digital forms of
creation: you always made the work over again when you sat down to
revise.

It's hard to get beyond the cut and paste assumption that everything in
the final work is somehow there at the beginning, it's just a matter of
snipping and arranging it...

But maybe you should ask the folks at <orang.org> about this...

-Tad