RE: [microsound] Questions about raw data processing?

> I am currently finishing my diploma in a visual arts school in
> Strasbourg/France.
> One of my works consists in ?recycling¹ raw data from my computer files
> (sound, images video, and others). With this data I want to create sound
> structures, and images.
> I am also creating videos with moving abstract forms that then are
> transformed to sound.
> The final project will be a video that uses different techniques and
> approaches in order to form one entity.
>
> Stephan Tolstoi

I've been doing work like this since 1998.  There was a short discussion on
the list related to this a few months ago, so check the archives.  Also, a
discussion list regarding this very same topic exists and was also mentioned
in the same discussion.  Anyone remember the name of that list?

Keep trying, though, there are definitely a few people out there working on
this.

     Christopher Sorg
   Multimedia Artist/Instructor
 The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
   http://csorg.cjb.net
     csorg@xxxxxxxxx

--Boundary_(ID_f03BoOUSBDxLuNA+Vc9Jlg)