RE: [microsound] microguitargods was: VH

Just for the record, it wasn't me who wrote about the sampled guitar riffs
below (I'm here at the radio station, so I don't have my e-mails to check
who did).  I deconstructed VH, Sabbath, Zep, Iron Maiden and such back in
the day when I was doing the experimental DJ thing, but that's another
story . . .

I played a track from the new Tim Hecker, _My Love is Rotten to the Core_,
and the album is pretty crazy, and very loud and noisy.  He's sampled crowd
noise, interviews, etc.  He pushes distorted noise through some remarkable
melodic patterns.  Dynamic, wall of sound, somewhat disturbing, true to the
title.

As far from Jeremy Boyle as you can imagine.

G.