Re: [microsound] MICROSOUND vs. ISSUES

> become informed. Do we not have enough time to get informed or are we
> already overloaded?

Of course everyone is overloaded; we wade through a barrage of unsolicited
data. Only by filtering it are we free to act.

Subscribing to this list, I chose to open one port to the outside world.
I also tacitly agreed to self-filter my output: to keep it topical.

> are tools we use to create the music we all like, but animal rights and the
> issues surrounding are lives are equally influential to the music we make
> and listen to, just as Max is?

I certainly disagree.  The music *some individuals* make, certainly; "we"
writ large, of course not.

If everything is equally influential (specific tools and processes being
no more relevant than, say: political, religious, or cultural belief
systems), than nothing is influential.  That two things are important
does not mean they are relevant to one another.

So: distinctions are made and a consensual line is drawn.  Tools are in.
Religion (broadly taken to include animal & abortion rights) is out.

Incidentally, you should assume nothing about my own beliefs; I refrain
from airing them since they're entirely perpendicular to my interest in
sound...

 aaron

  ghede@xxxxxxxx
  http://www.quietamerican.org