Re: [microsound] Re: musique cement

David said
>>>  it's like trying to have a conversation with someone but only being
>>> allowed to recite prepared sentences.
> correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i understand, a good part of the
> things you & i say are "prepared" in some way

yes, of course you're right.  that really was a poorly worded analogy,
in my noggin I had a much more restrictive notion of "prepared
sentences."  but anyway, the idea with better interface, then, is to be
able to flip through the musical motifs as casually as the brain
decides what to say next.

> another comment to finish: a good saxophone player will feel that they
> can "play freely" & express everything they want through their
> instrument.  but the truth is, they can't make a C64-like "BLEEP!!!"
> sound even if they wanted to.  yet, the musician will insist that they
> feel "free" to play what they want.

agreed.  what I am trying to find out is: can we combine the best of
both of these worlds?

Kim, I understand what you're saying, but it sure ain't me.
Ben