Re: [microsound] A remark about the list

This diatribe barely warrants a response,

i have to agree but.....

whilst they can be distracting and sometimes annoying etc i really think its
a hard thing  for artists to promote work and make a living these days as it
is and i for one have to use  mail lsits and networks to promote what little
stuff i do.I cant afford ads in mags and the best way to connect with like
minded people and promote what works we do is by mailing lists of people who
can appreciate thses?????after all microsound and equipment etc etc and the
psycology of it all end up in the end in works of 'art?so we work on
something and then we then keep quiet about?dont sell?and put away in a
cupboard , dont let anyone else
experience it or promote just to please people who are not open to what
others are doing?Self promotion i think is harmless via mailing lists aslong
as its not every 5 minute nd without it i for one have no way of letting
people know what i'm doing.The net is about communication as we all
know.....i respect people saying what there doing via lists , its the only
way many of us can know about it....i think its quite odd to think people
shouldnt promote their work.........many of us arnt doing so well finacially
, me included , my one way to prmote is via mail lists and web....i cant
understand you.....sorry...i agree corporate spam is that...they have
revenue to promote via  usual channels .....many of us here dont.....i think
selling a car and promoting mp3 maybe different...also gigs......especially
when your a skint music maker with no money and one love in life .making
music for others to hear...where would you promote ?

having read the post again , i'm sorry but theres not much love in
that.....you sound pissed off about a little more than twine.........sad the
way were all so seperated/opionated...me included......the best you can do
is go elsewhere i think ,  some of your opinions are relevant....but they
remain yours....as do mine.....wheres this all getting us........?magic
roundabout.....time we let each other get on with our lives and stopped
dictating what we think is right or wrong....its all relative.....so neither
right or wrong......its wrong to attack people though...verbally or
physically or with negative thought processes........they all have a lovely
habit of coming back round to haunt us.

jack