Re: [microsound] A remark about the list

first i would like to comment on "show postings/advertisement board", i
agree i think that people who just post about shows and never get involved
in discussions are irritating, but i think its great that people post event
news, i love to know whats going on in different cities, and i posted about
a show and meet two people that live near me because of it, this scene is
small enough there is no reason to further isolate ourselves by not
utilizing with an amazing tool like this list and others like it. as long as
we dont abuse it.....

> I would love to see what everybody else think about people that just use
> this list as an advertisement board? I mean, I do enjoy reading the
> discussions, they are very informative for someone like me that is ONLY AN
> AUDIENCE MEMBER. (I do not practice every interesting music that I enjoy
as
> most of the people here seems to do.) Ok, I only get the digest version,
and
> man, Seeing Twine ads and a little footnote (discography, concert dates,
> girlfriend blurbs etc.) under most people's e-mail is really distracting
and
> a little funny. It seems like this is a growing activity among the

as for your Twine rant,,, In defense of Chad Mossholder (boulder twine
memeber), Chad never posts show info! and if he does he its once in a blue
moon, if your this annoyed by the Twine show postings your beef isnt with
Chad.  It really just seems to me that your Jeolous that Chad is active and
doing great things, Im the person that booked the majority of the computer
music events at BMOCA, so and im the one that invited Chad to play them, so
Maybe you should target my success or lack there of,,,,, Chad is an amazing
talent, a wonderful performer and composer and one of the nicest guys i have
ever met, and his merzbow comment was misconsturd..... and for the record i
agree Noise music was never know for its complex structures regardless of
how amazing some of it sounds......

> special note for Twine: I am sorry I used your name, but I chose you as
the
> poster-child because, I have heard you perform live here in Boulder at
BMOCA
> and I did not think you were as accomplished as you believe and want to
make
> believe that you are. I remember you wrote something on somewhere on the
> internet saying you could spit out a merzbow track in half an hour.  I
could
> easily say the same thing about your music actually, it is very on the

so stop being childish and just do your own thing, dont concern yourself
with other peoples accomplishments or failures

j.frede
current location:los angeles
http://ritualdocument.com/jfrede
po.box 292045 los angeles, ca 90029