Re: [microsound] Undirected music

>Thank you for all replies.
>But i'd like to investigate a bit more...(sorry for my insistence and my
>basic english!).
>In fact i'm actually interested in "random generated" music.
>For example, taking 5 or 6 samples and making them play randomly changing
>their volume, pitch or lenght...
>Is there anybody using this kind of technique (w/ the exception of oval's
>reworking of charles' material)?

http://radioscopia.org/ether1/
http://radioscopia.org/ether2/
http://radioscopia.org/radiohack/

ether-1 is a collection of my random generative sound/animations
ether -2 is a compilation of different artists using similar techniques,
including many well known members of this list.
radiohack is my online album. It is sound only  - no animation - tracks are
an approximate length  (since they are semi-random) and the whole thing
plays like a CD with one track following another (exactly like a CD on
broadband).  The other pieces are of infinite (or indeterminant) length.
requires flash 5 player plugin

>Is there a software allowing this?

The randomness in these pieces is achieved by a combination of the psuedo
random number generator in Flash, and by using out of sync timelines
(movieclips) which permutate.

Basically any music application that employs a scripting language which has
a random number generator function can do this.