Re: [microsound] Undirected music

> i think there are allot of people working with this idea,

   as a listner . I have always employed the random
   or shuffle aspect on a cd player ..

   I have always enjoyed leaving a cd playing for a
   couple of days/weeks/months like this .and living
   around the sounds ..

   I find it almost a little dangerous . as you loose your
   reference to time passing . at the same time it's
   very soothing .. like running water or the like

   the best cd's for me have always had similar sounds
   all the way through . so eventualy the when you are
   not paying close attention you have no idea where
   on the cd you are .. and as you leave and return to
   to the room tracks intermingle into new tracks of
   combined sounds

   in some cases I have gone and listned to the cds
   again in a start to finish format . and struggled to
   recognise the music

   /./

   one day I would like to think we could use undirected
   music to replace background music in public spaces
   like shopping malls or airports and other places they
   play continuous music

   .simon