Re: mp3 and CD-r labels

>I also agree that there is a much higher saturation
>level in the mainstream music than in the electronic
>realm, for most mainstream music is a constant generic
>repetition of regurgitated saturation.

at the same time, rock stars like Korn, indie rock stars like Pavement, jazz stars like Marsalis, etc. are easily finding distribution while someone like Fennesz can still be rather hard to find.  I've had people at distros hip to this type of music tell me that they are really rejecting "glitch" stuff since there is so much out there.  while cut out bins are proof to the oversaturation of pop markets, there is also a huge audience there.

this of course is more reason to do cd-r releases. i don't want to sound unenthusiastic about new music, but I just feel a lack of rigorous self-critique in a majority of the things I hear on cd-r's and mp3s since the medium is so cheap.  Is the work a sub-par imitation of a Mego artist or is it something that has qualities that really make it stand out?

-Woody

-- --
dead ceo
www.deadceo.com
po box 906 chicago, il 60690 USA
__ online catalog with hard-to-find items by Chicago area composers, free improvisers, and noise makers
out now: Service Anxiety 7inch