Re: [microsound] acousmatic

le 12/5/02 9:54 AM, Kim Cascone =E0 kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a =E9crit=A0:

>> how do people feel about a situation where someone
>> plays back and does some very slight mixing to an
>> entirley sequenced and/or prerecorded set?
> that is called acousmatic or tape music and has been an established mode =
of
> listening for decades
>=20
I must add that in the acousmatic case, the performance of the composer
(pushing the sliders) is not on a stage and is normally not seen by the
public (the public is in the dark).  BAsically the composer intervention on
the sliders is to spatialize sound in space.  Somme people may feel
uncomfortable to listen this music in the dark but most of them do really
enjoy this total immersion in sound which brings them to really concentrate
on the sound to stimulate their individual imagination.  Laptop performer
should take example of the concept of acousmatic concert to maximise their
music...

louis