acousmatic

> I must add that in the acousmatic case, the performance of the composer
> (pushing the sliders) is not on a stage and is normally not seen by the
> public (the public is in the dark).
not true, the composer is usually seated in the audience and her presence is
made when the audience is being seated and after the performance...so while
the focus is not on the 'performer' per se there is also no attempt to
conceal the performer from the audience...

> BAsically the composer intervention on
> the sliders is to spatialize sound in space.
sometimes...other times the composer simply pushes the 'play' button and
diffuses the piece into a space

>  Somme people may feel
> uncomfortable to listen this music in the dark but most of them do really
> enjoy this total immersion in sound which brings them to really concentrate
> on the sound to stimulate their individual imagination.  Laptop performer
> should take example of the concept of acousmatic concert to maximise their
> music...
agreed 1000% :)