re: promoter responsibility (was: hidden from the audience)

hey everyone,

> A good example:
> at a performance this spring at a festival in
> Vancouver, Kit Clayton and Sue Costabile played a set
> that had no in/out privileges while they were on.
> Those attending had it made clear to them before the
> show that they would need to arrive before the
> performance started and couldn't leave during.  Now to
> some this might seem elitist, but the result was happy
> performers who played to an attentive, quiet, and
> appreciative audience.

For the record, this was the New Forms Festival "glitch & granular" night
which I curated last August. Check out the website:
http://www.newformsfestival.com

The night also featured mr Mitcheroo Akiyorama, Been Neeveeled and some guy
who looked like me with a ridiculous cowboy hat playing with soundartist
ssiess.

On the other hand, I kind of think that Deupree and Chartier's outdoor Laika
performance was superbly neat and weird. You couldn't hear it very well --
but do you ever? Kind of Cage, eh?

best, tobias

tobias c. van Veen -----------
http://www.quadrantcrossing.org