Re: [microsound] MAP Series Guest Lecture: Ian Andrews

I forgot to add this:

Acknowlegements:

This talk/essay developed out of a number of threads and arguments in which
I took part on the microsound mailing list.  I am therefore heavily
indebted to a number of people who, in their posts and responses, helped
thresh out some of these ideas.  A short list:   Bill Ashline,  Kim
Cascone, Tobias v, David Fodel, Trace Reddell, ph!l, Alex Davies, Ian
Stewart. My apologies to anyone I might have forgotten, or anyone else who
feels that they may have covered these ideas in the past on this list.  I
don't get time to read even everything on this list.

thanks.

ian

>A very rough version of this talk is now up at
>http://radioscopia.org/postdig.html
>

>On Monday, November 4, 2002, at 06:11 PM, shannon o'neill wrote:
>
>> MAP SERIES PRESENTS A GUEST LECTURE BY
>>
>> IAN ANDREWS
>>
>> on
>>
>> POST-DIGITAL AESTHETICS
>>
>> What are the characteristics of a post-digital aesthetics?
>> This presentation looks at issues concerning process, originality,
>> aura, error, neo-minimalism, conceptualism and performance
>> in relation to recent music, sound, video and online art.
>>
>> Ian Andrews is a video, film and electronic music/sound artist.
>> His work has been exhibited inter/nationally.  He is currently
>> working on digital video and net based sound projects.
>> http://radioscopia.org
>>
>> 5.30-6.30pm
>> Wednesday, November 6
>> Lecture Theatre 3.510
>> Bon Marche Building
>> Harris St, Broadway
>> University of Technology Sydney
>>
>> FREE - All welcome!
>>
>> MAP Series is presented by Media Arts and Production
>> at UTS, and is coordinated by Shannon O'Neill. It features
>> artists working across sound, video and new media.
>>
>> For more info mailto:Shannon.ONeill@xxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> --
>> shannon o'neill
>> lecturer, media arts and production
>> faculty of humanities and social sciences
>> university of technology sydney (uts)

Ian Andrews
Metro Screen
Sydney