Re: [microsound] nissan foundsound commercial

The optimists among us call this "infiltration," and others call it
"co-optation".  I try not to kid myself about "infiltration."  In our world,
art and music which is within the standard production model (active creator
- passive consumer) will be used to sell shit.

But I don't really want to attach value to it, because I would probably fall
in line too if a corporation wanted my music to help sell their shit.  I
think it's cool that artists and musicians can parasitize corporations, but
it's kinda sad when we're not able to survive without the host.

C'mon, everybody, let's keep on inventing new (non-consumerist) production
models!

Speaking of car commercials, did anyone catch the Mercedes commercial
several years ago that used the Janis Joplin song? It's amazing that a harsh
condemnation of consumer culture can be used to market consumer culture.  We
live in strange, strange times.

trying hard to be optimistic, but sometimes failing,
jim