Re: [microsound] industry loses big

------=_NextPart_000_3DB34_01C2C1FB.727BC020

there's also the "try before you buy" aspect of file-sharing. Many
people download a release to find out if they like it. If they do, then
they buy it. I've bought music I wouldn't have bought if I hadn't been
able to hear it first, so file-sharing may also contribute to an
*increase* in CD sales for independent artists. Or maybe it balances out
so that file-sharing makes no difference; for every 10 sales lost
because someone said "hey, I can download the latest mego release for
free," there may be 10 others who download it, try it out and buy it,
who wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

Get the FREE email that has everyone talking at
http://www.mail2world.com