Whitney Spears

> I personally don't care if the vast majority of performers who are regularly
> in the top 10 lose some sales from various forms of piracy.

but it is mostly the record labels crying bloody murder about this...

anyway, it's bad math to calculate the loss of sales by stating that one mp3
file being traded represents the loss of one CD sale...this is (I think) how
they determine the dollar amount...there is just too much other information
being left out of that equation like: did that person go out and buy the CD
after hearing a track? did they already own a copy of the CD? had they
already owned a copy of the release on vinyl, and only liking one or two
tracks on it download those songs instead of buying it on CD? etc...