Re: [microsound] the audience is listening

Thanks, Glenn and Bill, for the encouraging words.

> For example, based on one of your last posts, I found Kittler's
_Gramophone,
> Film, Typewriter_, and am trying to carve out time to read it.  However,
through
> another post I discovered Simon Emmerson's _Music, Electronic Media, and
> Culture_, so that is really turning me on right now, especially with my
current
> preoccupation with sounds and their seen or hidden sources on my
soundwalks.

Yes, Kittler's book is great. I consider it a branch of occult media
studies, or at least weird media studies, in the sense that I feel like if
H.P. Lovecraft were writing media theory, he'd come up with something like
this: that is, the Crawling Chaos of Nyarlothotep always seems to be lurking
on the threshold of media, particularly of gramophone recordings.

> So, speaking for myself, just because I don't respond, it doesn't mean I'm
not
> listening.  I've been on the microsound list for a few years now (I think
one of
> the first posts I read was from Sony Mao), and the noise has definitely
gotten
> worse recently.  But, for me, getting to the juicy stuff is worth sorting
> through the pap.

Yes, that's the reason I keep on tap as well.

Cheers,
-=Trace