re: dongle re: reaktor 4?

"j.frede" wrote:

> does anyone have reaktor 4 yet? wondering how the
> beta/first version holds
> up to 3?

I'm about to go check vers. 4 out at the Native
Instruments site, but I sure hope one of the changes is
that got rid of that damn dongle.  I had 2.x and was
impressed with 3 when I got it, but I was scared that
constantly plugging in and removing the dongle for
vers. 3 from the back of my laptop would damage that
port on the laptop, so I just plugged the dongle into
my desktop and only use Reaktor 3 on my desktop because
of this.  Not a problem for if I do any recording on my
desktop, but it is frustrating that I paid for Reaktor
3 and because of the dongle I am still using Reaktor
2.x (because it *doesn't* have the dongle) when I use
Reaktor during live sets (I use my laptop for playing
out live).  My question:  am I being paranoid about
plugging in and unplugging the dongle possibly damaging
the port on my laptop? Thanks. andrew

albums out now: Sprung (http://bip-hop.com)
*Canadian electronica album of the year nominee*
More Destructive Than Organized
(http://staalplaat.com)
Highest Common Denominator (http://pieheadrecords.com)
Physical and Mental Health (http://dialrecords.com)
74'02 (split with Hypo) (http://tsunami-addiction.com)
check Cognition (http://techno.ca/cognition)
for upcoming appearance and release updates