Re: [microsound] OT See men shredded, then say you don't back war

fgrecs@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I did indeed say what I said.  Unlike some, I don't run from my
>comments.

I didn't run from your comments either.

>You're the one playing nasty, son, not me.

Let's see.  I argued that what's happening to the Chavez govt. bodes ill
for other govts of the left.  That the ruling elites would close ranks
and shut down the economy.  Rather than countering that argument with a
substantive one of your own to show that mine might be mistaken, you
said that my politics were "mush"and "blather", that I carried around a
"little red book," and wear a "Che Guevara t-shirt."  That's what I call
a cheap shot.  Instead of attacking my argument, you decided to attack
and ridicule me by aligning what I said with a bunch of other
associations you had no business in making.  And now you say that I'm
playing "nasty."  If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black.

>It is true both were elected, Chavez and Allende.  And both turned out
>to be creeps.  One got knocked off, the other may in the near future.

Sounds like you're advocating it.  Even elected creeps are still
elected, not that either of them are "creeps", but then you seem to be
more into cheap shots than substantive claims.  In any case, there's due
process for people who are elected that you don't want in power.  it's
called impeachment.  Or wait till the next election and vote them out.

>For Bush, you must not be too wise on American politics.

Oh I'm afraid I'm all too wise about American politics.

>  This is NOT a
>democracy here, but a republic.  An electoral college elects the
>president, not the masses who vote.  The forefathers who built this
>country knew better than to blindly trust the masses (ex. Voters who
>didn't punch their cards and left chads, people too blind to know who
>they were voting for, people who had no idea how to fill out the
>ballots, etc.).

Yes, this is correct.  The founding fathers were far too concerned about
their own property to allow the masses to have their way.  Wasn't it
Hamilton who once said that the people who own the country ought to be
the ones who run it?  In any case, if it isn't a democracy, let's end
the charade of pretending it is and simply get rid of the vote.  Allow
the ruling class to choose the leadership.  I'm sure you can imagine how
the masses will respond to that.

>So yes, you're right.  I don't dig democracy at all.  The republican
>concept is the best form of government, and it gets my support via taxes
>and civil service.

OK.  thanks for clarifying that.