Re: [microsound] OT See men shredded, then say you don't back war

on 3/19/03 1:52 AM, billashline@xxxxxxxxxxxx at billashline@xxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> Well, what should they know about the US, Rudy?  That the US is a
> republic and not a democracy?  Or that they should understand that the
> US reserves the right to ignore international law as it sees fit but
> expects others to abide by it as it sees fit?  Is that how you feel
> about people who have double standards?  Hussein has flaunted 17 UN
> resolutions.  Israel has done so 64 times with US backing.  Is that how
> "things work here?"

Yep.
I'd much rather see the US prosper than the current pollitcal sysytem in
Iran, Iraq, N. Korea.

> You can't whine about being understood when you're a Machiavellian.  All
> you can do is flex muscle.  and likewise, you can't whine when others go
> Machiavellian and flex theirs with you.  the world doesn't wish ill will
> toward the US.  The world only wishes that the US would get a taste of
> its own medicine.  I think the best way would be economic.  Let's see
> the Middle East countries switch to petro-euros from petro-dollars and
> then let's see a new world economic order develop that cuts the US out
> of the pie for awhile.  That's the best Machiavellian result.  And when
> it happens, you can't cry :-)

In your wet dreams.
It's not going to happen.
Just like Americans could care less about France and Germany's stance on the
war.
Lets face it to most Americans France is just a European tourist attraction
and it already has an
asshole reputaion.

> Oh I'd say it's a lot more than the school systems in the US.  I'd say
> it has a lot more to do with ideology.  After all, Rudy, not everyone is
> as decent as you and wears their fascism out there for all to see.  Most
> of the right in the states like to pretend to be democrats and care
> about what the people think.
>
> I find your politics pretty odious, but I do give you a lot of credit.
> At least you come right out and situate yourself.  That's far better
> than most.  Unfortunately, for you, this means you will now have to
> endure a lot of lefty stuff from this list in mostly isolation, and when
> you complain about it, knowing where you're coming from, we'll now be
> able to ignore you.  :-)

Whatever, I'm sure a lot of the youth in Iran who flee to the mountains
because their old
fashioned  system of government sucks and only dream about a more modern
American way of
life enjoying the same freedoms a lot of you spoiled x-gen's sitting in a
Starbucks with your
laptops complaining about America on some hip "IDM" list, getting in your
new Volswagen
Golf's going to your expensive Bauhaus style loft.
Yeah America really sucks doesn't it.
I want to protest war because that's considered cool and liberal.