::u.t.r.//:march::

UNDER THE RADAR //

http://www.geocities.com/zygotesf/  ( a temporary home for wayward data )
**new site location coming soon thanks to the amazing praemedia

Zygote's east co(a)st adventure was a huge success by any measure. Last
Friday's show at THE BUNKER (
http://www.crucial-systems.com/crucial/thebunker ) @Tonic in NYC proved that
Stephen/Zygote can destroy a dance floor, intrigue chin-strokers, and STILL
have people shaking their asses after they have succumb to the power of his
DJ skills. Thanks to Chris/Timeblind and company who had me out to play. I
hope to do it again soon.  FILLER ( http://www.3particles.com/filler/ ) in
Washinton D.C. was also great. Thanks to Rob/Milo for showing me around the
city and Richard Chartier and George for hosting me. The Blue Room space is
great, the staff was friendly and the people at the event were really great.

I'll post a few hightlights and pics of the trip very soon.......

UPCOMING SHOWS

[ March 19th:UNDER THE RADAR ] >> TONIGHT

UNDER THE RADAR at Julip http://www.julipsf.com/
839 Geary Street ( between Larkin and Hyde )
9:30pm - Close
*FREE*

Sounds from a Pretty World: Zygote and Friends serve up
Plunder Jazz, Abstract Weird-Tempo and Experimental Pop Musique
with an electro twist. Come early, as the night is usually packed out
with super models and jet setters of the IDM world........

[ March 22: The Porn Orchestra ]

21 Grand
449B 23rd St. (between Broadway and Telegraph)
Oakland, California

http://www.thewrongelement.com/pornorchestra/

The PornOrchestra is an attempt to radically reinterpret the soundtrack to
pornographic film. This complicated genre has taken its share of scorn: from
adult film producers who refuse to pay it any mind to legions of consumers
who instinctively snap the sound off after pressing Play.

SATURADAY MARCH 22nd:

::Stephen Ruiz/Zygote & Devan Simunovich [C-trl]
::David Slusser, Scott Looney & Peter Nyboer
::Triple D [aurora josephson/jacob lindsay/damon smith]
::Ernesto Diaz-Infante & Marjorie Sturm
::PORNORCHESTRA CONDUCTED BY Bob Marsh

SECOND SHOW
sunday: march 23, 2003 8pm

[ March 25th: under the radar// ]

26Mix
(26th and Mission)
San Francisco, CA

::Peter Nyboer ( Futurewife - http://girl.yowstar.com )
::Tim Thompson (NoSuch Music - Feturing Tim Thompson's Tune Toys)
::Joseph Zitt's VoiceWAVE
::(Featuring: Tom Bickley, JD Buhl, Tom Duff, Brad Fischer, Bob Marsh,
Matthew Priest,
::Katherine Setar and Joseph Zitt)

[ March 28th: Field Effects 10 ]

Quiet American presents at 964 Natoma
Field Effects 10: four corners

964 Natoma
San Francisco, CA, USA

The world makes music, remember to listen.

Field Effects 10 offers a night of field recording-based sound art.

The tenth in a series of concerts showcasing the use of found materials and
field recordings in media art, Field Effects 10 offers a trip in four
directions: a stop in four corners, where four artists work in four very
different ways with found sound.

Field Effects 10 features work by Bay Area artists:

::Stephen Ruiz (Zygote)

For Field Effects 10, Ruiz comments, 'my process is going to be the
real-time manipulation of field recordings: the  recordings will be sounds
from my [current] road trip. They will be used to emulate instuments. i.e.
wind as a drum... water as strings.....'

Stephen has releases on Under the Radar and Alectric Records (Canada), and
is the founding organizer of the 'Under the Radar' experimental music and
video events in San Francisco.

::GX Jupitter-Larsen (The Haters, Survival Research Labs)
::Kenneth Atchley
::Jeremiah Moore

[ April 5th: Found Objects Night ]

Bring objects from home and we'll play 'em! Avant-garde, experimental and/or
electronic musicians will spontaneously create music using only items
submitted by the audience for sound sources.

21 Grand Gallery
449B 23rd Street, (at Broadway)
Oakland
510-44-GRAND
$6-10

With:
::Stephen Ruiz (Zygote)
::Gino Robair
::David Kendall (from LA)
::Andre Custodio

Please bring one or more objects (just about anything from around the house
or outside) to be used as sound sources by the artists. You'll get them back
at the end of each night. The musicians are allowed to bring equipment to
sample, alter and manipulate sounds.  NOTE: Please do NOT bring hazardous or
radioactive materials, wild animals or firearms.

::Stephen Ruiz (aka Zygote) uses the mechanized process of electronic music
production and combines the expression of complex human feelings to create
sound art. The tools of his output are computers, tape recorders, wires and
other conduits of noise.

::Gino Robair "is an enormously talented percussionist, with a
thorough-going musicality and an instinct for the unexpected," says The
Penguin Guide to Jazz on CD. A core member of the Splatter Trio, Gino is
well known for his fascination for resonating objects. He also holds two
masters degrees from Mills College - in Composition and Electronic Music.

::David Kendall is an improviser and sound artist from the Los Angeles
area, currently studying Composition/New Media at the California Institute
of the Arts with David Rosenboom. Much of DK's work focuses on electronic
and acoustic feedback systems, or seeks to develop a common improvisational
language among traditional, non-traditional, and electronic instrumental
performance practices.

::Andre Custodio is a San Francisco born Multi-Instrumentalist / Sound
Designer / Percussionist with a ten year history as a sonic maverick. His
performances and recordings range from the fragmentedly neurotic to the
semi-calm and aurally ambient.

http://www.geocities.com/zygotesf/