Re: microsound Digest 21 Mar 2003 20:47:18 -0000 Issue 850

>The problem with Sadam H. is he can not be trusted and he is a ruthless
>leader.

as are many others.  they are not getting bombed.

Why do you want diplomacy with Iraq when you can not trust the government?
>Because country's like France, Germany, and Russia who oppose the war have
>huge "deals"
>with Iraq so there is much financial interest in objecting this war.

if you want to argue from the economical/cynical standpoint (not an
unreasonable place), then there is even MORE financial interest by select
US corporations that happen to have seats in the administration in starting
it, so a financial opposition is hardly a bad place to come from.

>If you have an open window of opportunity to overtake a country like Iraq it
>is best to act on
>this opportunity.

wow.  there's a plan for better living.

Pete.

"I know I made mistakes. So has everybody else."
  -Stanley Roberts