Re: [microsound] Sound/Silence/War

------=_NextPart_000_F24D_01C2EFE1.FBE3DE10

>hi

( 03.03.21 17:55 -0600 ) Christopher Sorg:
>> I'm extremely surprised at how little inside coverage there is of the
>> war.

>well, wake up and smell the propaganda. like you mention, when you see
>the bodies, the limbs, the fear on faces; it's not so much like a video
>game after all.

>and if we can't have inside coverage, how about coverage from other
>outsides?

>i can only deal with it by having a self imposed media blackout.

Here is one possible reason for such silence.

From: http://www.dc.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=55089

http://www.GuluFuture.com/news/kate_adie030310.htm
PENTAGON THREATENS
TO KILL INDEPENDENT
REPORTERS IN IRAQ

10th March, 2003
by Fintan Dunne, Editor
http://www.GuluFuture.com

The Pentagon has threatened to fire on the satellite uplink positions of
independent journalists in Iraq, according to veteran BBC war
correspondent, Kate Adie. In an interview with Irish radio, Ms. Adie
said that questioned about the consequences of such potentially fatal
actions, a senior Pentagon officer had said: "Who cares.. ..They've been
warned."

According to Ms. Adie, who twelve years ago covered the last Gulf War,
the Pentagon attitude is: "entirely hostile to the the free spread of
information."

"I am enormously pessimistic of the chance of decent on-the-spot
reporting, as the war occurs," she told Irish national broadcaster, Tom
McGurk on the RTE1 Radio "Sunday Show."

Ms. Adie made the startling revelations during a discussion of media
freedom issues in the likely upcoming war in Iraq. She also warned that
the Pentagon is vetting journalists according to their stance on the
war, and intends to take control of US journalists' satellite equipment
--in order to control access to the airwaves.

Another guest on the show, war author Phillip Knightley, reported that
the Pentagon has also threatened they: "may find it necessary to bomb
areas in which war correspondents are attempting to report from the
Iraqi side."

Transcript follows below.

www.gulufuture.com/

Phil

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Phil Thomson

http://www3.telus.net/thisisphil/

Curator of c e n t i b e l
http://centibel.vze.com/

moderator of Yahoo! databenders list
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/databenders/

releases:
synat (upcoming, acidfake, macedonia)
scan (s'agita recordings, italy)

Get the FREE email that has everyone talking at
http://www.mail2world.com

------=_NextPart_000_F24D_01C2EFE1.FBE3DE10--