RE: [microsound] religion (was war)

> Elisha;
>
> Fair enough if you wish to believe that.  Doctrine for us says there is
> something more.  Lots of folks think this is it.  I disagree.  It's
> merely a matter of faith for me that there is something better to strive
> for, but that doesn't take away one's Earthly responsibility.
>
> I am unaware of this Kazanstakis.  Who is he?

Rudy,
Just so you know, I am not trying to question your faith :)

Kazantstakis (I spelled his name wrong before) was a cretan writer.  He
wrote "The last Temptation of Christ".  I am not christian but it's an
interesting idea, regardless.  Basically it's about Jesus as a man.  What
would happen if he did not die on the cross.  It is considered blasphemy
by the catholic church but, in my opinion, it's a pretty strong argument
in favor of a Judeo-christian god.

As for faith, it is merely a matter of faith for me that this is the main
course.  We simply cannot know that which is outside of time.  For me it
comes down to finding a relative decent model for my universe that keeps
me acting in a way that feels right.  I have never been able to put my
faith in religion.  It doesn't seem right to me.  It almost seems like
shirking my responsibility to  find my own truth.  This is not to say that
religion cannot have it's benefits for others.

sincerely
Elisha