Re: [microsound] fan reaction to laptop

Audience member: I hear some music. Sounds pretty good.
I see somebody sitting at a laptop. (surveys enviroment for visual stimuli)

same Audience Member later at home: I hear some music.  I see my laptop.
Sounds pretty good. Wow this website  has some interesting graphic design.
Shame the artist didn't have much of a performance.
-----------------
different Audience member at different show: I hear some music.
I see somebody sitting at a laptop. Wow this video projection is really in sync.
The sounds and sights complement each other well.
I'm glad I didn't stay home.

another Audience member: I hear some music. I see somebody sitting at a laptop.
Closes eyes. Wishes there wasn't any video projection so she could just concentrate
on the music with out seeing the flicker on her eyelids.
------------------
Laptop performer one, takes seat at laptop,  begins performance.
Wonders why some of the audience are still blabbing away blah blah
blah does not mix with music well.

Laptop performer two, announces that he is about to perform
gives a brief introduction about himself or music and asks the
audience to kindly refrain from conversing out of consideration
for their fellow listeners (even though he feels the music should
speak for itself, he realizes that some of the audience may not
be familiar with what he is offering)

AgentA
http://www31.brinkster.com/headtones/
now with over 4 hours of streaming radio
at the Headtones Online Radio and Links
micro-guide.