Re: [microsound] urinals and CD's

hi

( 03.07.27 11:14 -0700 ) Kim Cascone:
> by framing our mp3 projects as sanctioned by the microsound list and
> engaged in by members of the list our projects tend to differ from
> people giving away their mp3's on the web...the microsound projects
> have a group status, a theme, and represents the aesthetics of
> microsound list, etc...

yes, i definitely feel that there's a group thing going on. not a mass
media like thing, but a middle ground between/among individuals. reading
the mail, and making the music have surely enriched the last year or so
for me.

the droplifting is much more about capialism ['the devil's wet dream'],
politics, public statements. the mp3s are more like a musical evening
with friends.

how important is shrink wrap to droplifting?

--