[microsound] Re: droplifting

>pelagius pelagius Scrive:
>>
>>>From: "dp" <dp@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>>the few stores which have good music usually work
>>>in a simple, unattackable way: the don't have any cds displayed.
>>>if you're looking for something, you either ask the owner, or you look it up
>>>on a computer database which is there for your consulting.
>>>once you've chosen then the man gets it for you in some other room/basement.
>>
>>Really?!!  These are pirated CDs right?  Or do they sell legit CDs
>>this way?  Why bother going record shopping then if you don't have
>>the pleasure of aimlessly flipping through the stacks?
>
>yeah, it's a shame. and no serendipity too. either you know it, or you
>don't. and i'm talking about real cds, the ones with cover and all.

I don't know where you all are shopping but even in the shops where
they keep all the actual CD's elsewhere (behind counter etc).  one
can still "flip-through" the covers/ sleeves in thhe bins.... then
you ask to buy it and they  retrieve the actual disk.

in my fave shops i flip through and can listen to whatever i want
before buying... is this a luxury then?

--
CommTom
Communications of Tomorrow

unique electronic music for the adventurous ear.
http://www.commtom.com