[OT] streaming music sites?

Okay, so I go to create a new site for a friend on IUMA. And find out they've
degenerated to the level of mp3.com.

Any other unsigned-band-repositories out there who still allow 256/44 encoding
for streamed music? (Preferably free since, as I said, I'm doing this for
someone else, but I'd probably be willing to sink a nominal fee into it.)

Thanks,

* * *
"If there are any among you who have literary ambitions the evidence would seem
to point to a dosshouse or a jail as a more likely place of genesis than a
University" --John McGahern, The Dark
http://xterminal.iuma.com