Re: [microsound] tuvan throat singers/sounding stones

Richard Linville writes:
> Not strictly tuvan throat singing but you might try the harmonic
> singing of David Hykes (I really like Hearing_solar_winds).

Yes. This, for me, is a powerful release. It may sound like an
exaggeration, but I literally started feeling a physical heat within a
few minutes of listening to it for the first time! Of course, I was in a
meditative state of mind at the time, and was completely open to the
sounds. But, I was amazed. He references Hoomi (i.e. Tuvic) and Tibetan
Buddhist Tantric throat singing. The architectural acoustics of the space
where the recordings were made, played a major role in the carrying of
the tones (the abby of a 12th century Cistercian monastery). The release
is on the Ocora label that Nicola mentioned earlier.

Best, Dale
Dale Lloyd:  http://www.and-oar.org/dalelloyd.html

and/OAR:  http://www.and-oar.org/

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!