art brut, microsound and other classifications

--============_-1149519588==_ma============

hello folks,

if you consider the following definition of "art brut," (and/or
"outsider art") you might come to the conclusion that
obsessive/compulsive might be related to microsound in the way that
focusing on the particular sounds that microsounders tend to focus on
(even though "microsound" as a classification is open for various
interpretations) small/tiny/barely audible/etc sounds.

those people that must classify everything into categories, might
also consider "minimalism," "musique concrete," and "electroacoustic"
as possible combinations for "microsound."  within all of these,
"improvisation" might also be considered (see Derek Bailey's book,
"Improvisation.")

--
john hudak
jhudak@xxxxxxxxx