Re: [microsound] On reasons music sales being down- from lawrencelessig blog

you could actually see this the other way round. it shows the inability
of the technologists (nerds) to deliver a useable system that fit
society.

internet has simply failed to deliver its promises. still there is no
simple widespread system for micropayments. instead of building a
viable system companies/sites such as napster, soulseek and kazaa
became greedy and went for grabbing copyrighted material without paying
the artist (or the artists representative).

to put it simply. the internet is currently wide-open for takeover by
large commercial interests. no one will (or can) defend the current
model other than the usual suspects that just want free download of
anything they see fit to grab. and unless they can produce a business
model for free content for that actually work - they cant win and we'll
just see the the bigco's continue to slowly move in as we have during
the last year.

/Jan L.