Re: [microsound] books/papers on sci-fi sound design?

I've heard something about a book regarding such topic..but unfortunately I
can't remember the name of it..
My best suggestion is to start with fan's sites. You can get many
informations on sound design in SF
I suggest you to check for Ben Burtt (sound designer of Star Wars) and Peter
Pennell (sound designer of Superman and Space:1999) wich I had the pleasure
to interview for my f diploma in Sound Engineering... and off course Luis &
Bebe Barron (sound designers of Forbidden Planet)
Regarding Barrons you can check into electroacustic music history books..
Ben Burtt is for sure the most important one since he built a massive
collection of impressive sounds
wich made history of modern cinema. For Star Wars go to www.theforce.net and
find links and articles there.. I've made also an article regarding Burtt's
work but unfortunately for you it is in Italian Language.
Anyway you can contact me for questions regarding such topic here:
atariphunk@xxxxxxxxxxx
I'll try my best to help you.
here is my article:
http://www.guerrestellari.net/athenaeum/stori_menucronicreativa_sound.html

regards
Gio

>wondering if any of you know of any good books on sound design for
>cinema/multimedia/video games... specifically in the context of science
>fiction sound design. rather than actual software books, like the
>microsound and csound books, i'm looking for something on the art of
>sound design, its philosophy, its aesthetics and its history... does
>such a thing exist?
>
>thanks
>graham

Filtri antispamming e antivirus per la tua casella di posta
http://www.msn.it/msn/hotmail