Re: [microsound] idea: touring laptop musicians forum

yeah this is my point, what you are experinceing is what more or less
killed clonk after I moved here to montreal...
an artist run entity like clonk and others like that could never meet the
expectations of artists who get treated better by the higher paying clubs
and festivals... how ever the flip side to that is that the big clubs and
festivals dont treat artists with a hometown flair like us smaller artist
run entities do...

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Andrew Jones wrote:

> as a promoter I could imagine this as a disaster waiting to happen.
> I already get enuff e-mails from DJs who want us to fly them in
> and pay them absurd amounts of money. being hit up 3 - 4
> times a day by artists with unrealistic expectations isn't
> exactly a fun idea. But at the same time it might help
> some places you wouldn't think have nice venues and scenes
> get some well known artists.
>
> -
>

> On Thursday, October 23, 2003, at 06:06 PM, Michal Seta wrote:
>
> > Kim Cascone wrote:
> >> the list would be for touring laptop musicians ONLY
> >
> > you mean no desktop?
> >
> >> and membership would be
> >> gained through prior approval
> >
> > By who?  What criteria?
> >
> > Also, why should such list not be made public?  There are several
> > positive
> > outcomes I could think of.  If venues/places/people are to be avoided,
> > think anyone should be aware.  Same goes for the attractive
> > places/people/locations.
> >
> > --
> > 	      _
> >       __  __ (_)___   Michal Seta