Music, body, theory

Well, but the point is that I *do* have a qualified theory about the =
artwork
and aesthetic experience, which is not advocating that it lies "nowhere =
in
particular" - that is a very bad reading of my postings.

Part of this theory is of course the essential bodily quality of (all) =
music
- this is one of the reasons why I say that it is not a thing of the =
mind (I
do not even subscribe to a dichotomy between the two).

Theorizing about music is not the same as asserting that music IS =
primarily
intellectual. Anything can be theorized, also sex or sports. When =
reflection
is good it conveys a better understanding of our world, often a =
critical
one.

Even though music is a body-centered experience, it is almost never =
"purely
physical" - it is always already conscious and coded.

Torben