Re: [microsound] Micro-publics

Interesting question, Phil - and an opportunity for me to say Hi to all and
introduce myself to the list. Based in the UK and co-running a music / arts
website, producing loop-based kind of lo-fi ambient stuff (organs, electric
pianos, sine waves, etc.).

Anyway, I think the key point here is not to give up. Web labels are a
fabulous opportunity to present and discover artists' work. Maybe there
isn't a whole lot of feedback going around, but people do listen,
connections (of whatever kind) are made and they enable work to be made
public in a way that never would have happened previously.

Furthermore, IMO Bjorn is spot on when he says that finding new
collaborators is a way to keep things fresh for all concerned. If the
artists you're working with at present seem unenthusiastic, I can't believe
that there aren't others who are maybe new to the scene, getting into it and
really keen to do stuff and have it presented via sites such as your own.

Chin up!

Regards,

Mike