[microsound] nSFTMC: Call for Tape Music

=======================================
The New San Francisco Tape Music Center (nSFTMC) seeks fixed-media
electroacoustic works for our 2004 season of concerts.

Submissions received by January 15, 2003 will be considered for
programming in our next festival, which will take place February 20-22,
2004 at Cellspace in San Francisco, CA. Submissions received after this
date will be considered for subsequent 2004 shows.  Submissions may
be used as basis for commissioning new works.

We are especially seeking works by Bay Area artists, but all submissions
will be given equal consideration.

The nSFTMC is a non-funded and non-academic collective
dedicated to presenting classic and new audio works within a fixed
medium (aka "tape music"). All pieces are projected over a 16+ speaker
system capable of BEAST-style diffusion of stereo works,
multi-channel works, and works in B-format ambisonics. You can find out
more about us, our previous productions, and the kinds of music and
audio art we like here:

http://sfsound.org/tape.html

We ask that each composer submitting works consider donating five dollars to help support the grass-roots nature of this festival. It is NOT a requirement, but is greatly appreciated. Please make check donations payable to Accendi Performances Inc. c/o nSFTMC

SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
+ Audio CD of completed or in-progress works.
    - if the CD contains more than one track, please specify which
      track to base our initial selection
    - data CDs may be submitted for multichannel works

+ Composer and performance/program information - no more than 2 pages

+ send all materials to:

New San Francisco Tape Music Center
2550 9th Street, Suite 207B
Berkeley, CA 94710
USA

Note that submitted works will not be returned unless a self-addressed
envelope with sufficient postage is included.

Questions or comments can be sent to:

tapecenter@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for your interest,
...Thom Blum