Re: [microsound] Space sound reply

Message text written by microsound

Derek wrote:
>would you be interested in providing 16 bit versions of these files,
using a high quality compression scheme like Ogg or LAME Mp3 for a
microsound project?<

Derek and anyone else interested,

This is a possibility.

I'm not sure but I was once told that certain compression formats attack
"noise" like the shhhhhhh  sound of cosmic background radiation ( the sound
of short wave radio  tuned between stations ).  Well, it's within the noise
where the good sttuff is.

Am unfortunately writing in haste at the moment but am willing to explore
these things further.

My website email  address of        tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx               may be
down today.
Please try         72632.1427@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx              if you sent a
message and have not heard back from me.

Thomas A
www.heliotown.com