Re: [microsound] [OT] turing, AI and art

hi

( 04.01.24 23:24 -0500 ) graham miller:
> i've always thought of art as something 'human-centric' in the sense
> that everything audio-visual is geared to our unique sensory
> 'bandwidth' as a species (i.e. visible light, audible frequencies).

well, the method of delivery [sensory bandwidth] is only one part of
art. for instance, a poem translated into a different language than the
original can still retain some of it's aesthetic content. or, a piece of
music played on a car radio as opposed to hearing it live.

to me, art is more that the delivery method. there is some meaning
involved [or, meanings].

> unlike mathematics and physics, which is universal, art is something
> inherently human, a secret little club just for us...

maybe, but maybe not. dogs don't do math, but they do like music
['howling' along].

--