Re: [microsound] microsound kiosk - adorno

Hi Christos

I am not an Adorno expert by any means, but when I encounter his
writings, I often find it hard to get past the extreme marxist politics
which tend to result in some very broad (and in many cases)
indefensible generalisations in relation to so-called 'mass culture'
(a concept which I am very wary of as a rule!!!!). The other 'problem'
i have is his ultra hard core modernist philosophy in relation to music.

Because of this, I am curious as to how you are relating Adorno to
computer music - which Adorno ideas are you using and what is the
nature of the argument? I think this might be interesting.

Regards

Julian