Re: [microsound] ideal copyright

On Monday, January 26, 2004, at 10:50 AM, Kassen wrote:

> [...]

So you are telling me if you wrote a book, and 6 years later some
hollywood producer turned it into a big hit, that you'd be fine with
not getting a penny of the profits? Or that after struggling ones whole
life in obscurity producing amazing stuff that was "ahead of it's time"
it would be OK for someone else to eventually profit from ones own
efforts, or that if you died a little sooner than you wanted, that you
could not transfer that potential profit to your children or
grandchildren?

I like copyright law. Sure it gets abused sometimes, by overzealous
gorillas. And it gets ignored by  many people that sell work riddled
with copyright violations. No one forces an artist to enforce the
copyright of their own works, so if you don't care, then it doesn't
matter. And if you use copyrighted material... you take your chances.

It's that simple®

CommTom
Communications of Tomorrow
"it's only a day away"

unique electronic music for the adventurous ear.

http://www.commtom.com