Re: [microsound] downhill battle

hi

i said:
> >artists need to make art.

( 04.01.31 20:22 -0500 ) Rob:
> Um, yes, however reality is a nasty mistress...

i don't think reality is one homogeneous thing.

however, i agree that people who want to stay alive *do* need to eat
[shower once in a while ...], and right now, this takes money.

> However until the Utopia comes you need to protect yourself.  In fact,
> right now it's harder to figure out how to keep your work from being
> turned into money than it is to just sell out.

i use one of the licenses from creative commons. and while this gives me
some rights, i don't know how able i am to enforce them [bringing a
criminal suit against the infringers].

and, if someone in a big suit in a big office wants to make an example
of me, i don't have much in the way of resources to fight them;
regardless of how 'right' i may be.

> So, you have to face up to the facts.

whose facts? RIAA? i came to my 'lunatic fringe' viewpoint *after*
educating myself about copyright, IP issues, political theories [zinn,
chomsky].

thanks for your thoughtful points in this discussion.

--