(*so long as it is exactly the music *I* like and not your crap!)

Yours,
Chris
On Mar 31, 2004, at 1:20 PM, pelagius pelagius wrote:

From: "rick" <microsound@xxxxxxxxx>

I think you missed my point. I said nothing about dumb rubes or the public in general. Quite the opposite - I was referring to well educated, die-hard music fans who happen to have blind spots or predjudices in their tastes. Have you never met someone with an eclectic music collection and encyclopedic knowledge of music but an unexplainable distaste for hip-hop? Or a raver who loves anything electronic but turns his nose up at guitars (I'm sure there are some on this list)?

I could be way off base but my impression of the rest of the world (as an american looking out) is that there is much more openness elsewhere and less of a desire to categorize and segregate. For example, I can't imagine a magazine with the breadth of the Wire (spanning Derek Bailey to Missy Elliot) being published in the US.