Re: [microsound] w/r/t silence

One certainly would need something specialized; I don't know anything about
infrasonic mics (and I don't have time to google it now), but I suspect that
if one did have the appropriate transducer to pick up the desired
frequencies, plugging it straight into the laptop's mic in would be a bit of
a no-no. I don't know how these things interface.

I do know that logic (or any software)'s dynamic range would not be the
limiting factor.

i've found kits for self-build hydrophones but so far i've tried using a simple boundary mic and rolling of all high frequencies whilst adding gain around 20hz
but there is alot of inherent noise within my dirty mac's mini jack input (i'm now looking at the m-audio firewire 410)

through the headphones, amongst all the sub bass, i could hear cars driving up my road before hearing them with my naked ears

i was also thinking if the effect air-pressure had on another object (maybe a balloon?) could be recorded