Re: [microsound] Silence But Louder

> I understand why this upsets you. It's perhaps similar to the level of
> disinterest when someone talks about their summer vacation or their million
> dollars . It's different when it's yours.
>
> You see; one can have one's own understanding of silence , one's own
> silence ; one's own tone , if you will.

thats understandable; ,in a spiritual meditative way? but music? oh yes
there is a connection. i see clearly now.

> It's the other side of the oscillation , the wave; or perhaps the center.
> That's why it's sometimes called gold ; since it can help one to become a
> multi-dimensional individual and more than an abstraction or a cartoon
> character.

something's are just better left alone.---a wise man once said!!

"in a psychologically healthy individual who is integrated with their
thoughts, emotions, and relationships to others, there is less need for an
unconscious acoustic expression. Only one mode of communication is needed,
as the words and subtext of feelings are unified. This, however, is not the
case with most interesting characters, and it is exactly the subtleties and
conflicts between the obvious and hidden agendas that make for good drama."
    D. Sonnenschein

to me music will always be about communication, what type of communication
is up to the individual/s and i respect that, any thing other should be
classified as something else, and silence on an LP certainly confirms this
idea for "me". Cute joke though. That was the point of my barking. And by
the way ,i think the word "should" should be removed from the dictionary ,
along with "cant', and "maybe"..:)

the control freak:0